So once upon a time I was liberal...then I was conservative...then I move to one of the most conservative places in the country and guess what...I'm liberal again!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Scary Jesus

The other day, I was riding in a car on I-75 through Ohio when we passed the scariest looking Jesus I've ever seen.

I decided to (shocking, I know) look it up on the internet...and found out the exact size of this thing. It's 62 feet tall and weighs 8 tons. Who would want to make a Jesus this big?? The best part is that they said that it was made in Florida and was shipped in pieces up to Ohio. Can you imagine driving next to the truck that's carrying Jesus's face?? How creepy would that be??

Apparently they also have baptisms in the lake in front of the big Jesus. I don't know. Maybe it's because I've watched Jaws and Anaconda and had a traumatic experience on the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" ride at Disney World... but I don't like my Jesus coming out of the water like some scary sea creature.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea ive driven by this thing a few times, and man it just creeps me out!

11/03/2009 6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home